Now part of the powerful Evolution conglomerate, the studio has been an independent content builder for some time. It has risen to fame thanks to its incredible talent for innovation. The company’s greatest accomplishments forever changed the slots vertical, triggering a wave of creativity across the slots vertical.
The creation of Megaways was a historical event. The mechanics proved to be so popular that hundreds of them were released. Dozens of big and small content creators acquired the license, contributing to the massive influx of Megaways titles.
Over the years this Australian studio has become a major innovator capable of introducing real changes instead of slightly tweaking existing features and mechanics. Its Megaways is just one of the great tools for creating engaging gameplay as the developer has also delivered Megaclusters, Megaquads, and Megapays mechanics, further strengthening its reputation as the slots innovation powerhouse.
Big Time Gaming Slots
The studio has launched plenty of major hits that remain mega-popular up to these days. But it continuously expands its collection and keeps regularly presenting unique solutions. BTG games helped shape the modern slots industry, making the overall selection much more exciting and versatile.
The games are translated into many languages and reach markets around the world. BTG ranks high in many markets, including New Zealand. Some of its oldest hits still perform amazingly despite the ever-growing competition, but this content builder is always pushing forward and on the lookout for new big ideas.
You can expect on average one new title every month. Not every release is about something that the slots world has never seen before, but they all are premium games with striking visuals and engaging math.
As mentioned, Big Time Gaming pokies feature plenty of unique mechanics and bonus rounds. This provider loves mixing in some fantastic features to enrich the player experience. One of the great examples is Holy Diver with its amazing Reel Adventure game that is played parallel to the main game. It’s a thrilling way of triggering a variety of reel modifiers.
The developer’s journey to the top began with the release of the Megaways engine. Bonanza Megaways wasn’t the first title featuring it but was the first to send huge waves across the industry.
Bonus Buy Feature
The bonus buy option has become an integral part of modern slot gambling. The feature was introduced in 2017 with the release of White Rabbit. The video slot has become iconic and remains a player favorite up to these days. After that, the studio released a few more BTG online slots offering the shortcut to bonus games. But after a while, the developer stopped producing new feature buy titles. Nevertheless, other content providers have jumped on the trend and now supply a growing number of games featuring this option.
This is the area where Big Time Gaming thrives. It has multiple slot mechanics under its belt, which have significantly enriched the overall slots library. Some of the mechanics are so successful that they triggered an unprecedented number of license acquisitions.
- Megaways is undeniably the most significant innovation that made BTG a household name in NZ and worldwide. Today there are thousands of titles featuring this engine, all produced by a wide range of suppliers. It’s well familiar to slot fans, while those who are new to gambling can look through this BTG slots collection and try a few of them. The unique thing about it is that the number of symbols on each reel varies in each spin, which adds another level of anticipation and fun.
- Megaclusters is the studio’s unique attempt to reshape cluster pokies. It’s another hugely successful solution that gained popularity among gamblers and other studios. Each spin in the base game starts with a 3×3 grid, but it can expand up to 9×9 because winning symbols each split into 9 smaller ones. During free spins, the initial layout is 9×9 and it expands up to 18×18 as each symbol splits into 4 tiny icons. Cyberslot Megacluster is an epic game to check out.
- Megaquads engine isn’t that groundbreaking, but still exciting. The engine is about four independent sets of reels that merge into two 4×8 layouts and eventually become one 8×8 reel set. Despite reel sets being independent, bonus symbols that trigger free spins can land on any of the sets.
- Megapays titles are connected to a progressive jackpot that can drop colossal wins. Big Time Gaming keeps adding new slots to this jackpot so that soon you’ll have a fairly large selection. One of the greatest titles to check out in this category is Bonanza Megapays.
The average theoretical return is typically kept within a tight range, between 96% and 97%. In fact, there are only a few titles that do not fall into this range. Danger High Voltage, for instance, has an RTP of 95.67% and there are slots with even lower RTPs. At the other end of the spectrum is awesome White Rabbit with its 97.72% RTP. Note that in Megapays slots, 9.44% is usually allocated to four jackpots.
A great thing to know is that Big Time Gaming pokies only have one version and no adjustable RTP. That’s what Nik Robinson, the founder and CEO of BTG, promised in one of his interviews as he opposed the idea of varied RTPs. So, as long as he is in charge of the company, players won’t have to check game files to make sure the slot version in front of them isn’t robbing them of a few RTP percentage points.
Best BTG Video Slots
With so many amazing titles to consider, it’s hard to decide which ones should top the list. The studio has proven to deliver great games every time so that the gambling community is always looking forward to trying its latest releases. Despite producing plenty of new video slots, Big Time Gaming has a series of iconic games that have stood the test of time both gameplay and artwork-wise.
- Bonanza Megaways should be among the first games to introduce you to the genius of BTG. It has made a huge impact on the development of the entire slot vertical, providing a strikingly new experience. There is plenty of fun stuff you are likely to enjoy, including Horizontal Reel, cascading wins, and an unlimited multiplier during free spins.
- White Rabbit Megaways. Many developers had introduced their take on the famous Alice in Wonderland story. But BTG has created something no other similarly themed slot could offer. The way the story is intertwined with the gameplay is amazing, but thrilling math is what makes the slot iconic. There are plenty of things to love: two types of wilds, reels expanding up to 12 rows, and more high-value symbols once reels expand to their maximum. Feature Drop is another amazing element to enjoy along with the coin accumulation that over time lowers the price you pay for the bonus round.
- Danger High Voltage is an electrifying game that is packed with thrilling features such as wild reels, and two bonus rounds. One of the rounds awards sticky wilds, and the other one offers an entire reel filled with multiplier wilds.
Where to Play Big Time Gaming Pokies
There’s a high demand for the studio’s portfolio. Almost all gambling sites have got BTG slot machines. We’ve put together a list of operators where you are sure to find the exciting BTG collection. When using this rating, it’s easy for you to compare different options, and for a detailed review of each gambling site, click on the Review link. That should provide you with a complete picture of any casino listed here.
Pros and Cons
There are hardly any negative moments to say about BTG. The studio is passionate about providing an excellent gambling experience and continuously pushes the boundaries. Its series of innovations has made a major impact on the modern slots. Every game rolled out by this content creator is worth giving a try, and there are plenty of epic video slots players should test.
The company’s commitment to fixed RTP is a relief for Kiwi gamblers, and the decision goes against the major trend that we currently observe.