It’s hard to overestimate the influence of NetEnt’s presence in the industry. It introduced some key developments and encouraged many changes. Safe to say the slots vertical wouldn’t be that fun and exciting without this studio’s contributions. NetEnt offers multiple branded titles, jackpots, and innovative games that appeal to all sorts of players in New Zealand and worldwide. Any operator without NetEnt pokies won’t be taken seriously.
- The software gets tested and certified by multiple laboratories and authorities so that players can put their worries at ease and just enjoy the experience. Certification is a time-consuming activity and when done across multiple jurisdictions, it can take forever if testing labs find any inconsistencies. However, certification does a great job of assuring quality. Still, some flaws occasionally take place.
- With over two decades of experience, NetEnt knows exactly what gamblers want and delivers it. Exciting features, beautiful visuals, intriguing storylines… the studio picks the right combinations to produce hits that stand the test of time. Not all releases are equally thrilling, but there are frequent launches that stun players.
Best NetEnt Pokies
For 20+ years, NetEnt has worked hard to produce a series of iconic slots recognized globally. Its top-performing fruit machines vary in style and math. Starburst, for instance, is a simple super low volatility low max potential game. Dead or Alive 2 is on the other end of the spectrum featuring extreme volatility, massive potential, and lots of features.
Gonzo’s Quest can be crowned one of the best games, not just among NetEnt slots, but overall on the market. Its innovative design made a major impact on the industry and popularized a unique avalanche engine.
Pooled jackpots are well familiar to every gambler dreaming big. Mega Fortune and its Dreams version enjoy the highest demand as they each drop on average around €4 million on average. Another jackpot super star is Divine Fortune. Despite being a local jackpot that accumulates smaller pools within a single casino or casino family, the game attracts a lot of gamblers. The size of the jackpot varies from operator to operator depending on its institution’s traffic.
Types Of Pokies Offered
- 3D Slots. NetEnt doesn’t advertise the usage of 3D software. However, it achieves great results no matter what technology it uses. Beautiful renders, amazing animation. . . the studio is an expert in creating visually pleasing games. Virtual reality is the only area the studio failed to master. Their project was cancelled after 2 years. But at least we know that the provider has 3D experience as VR games design requires 3D skills.
- A couple of years after their virtual reality project into production the project was cancelled. Who knows what the future will bring, though.
- Video Slots. NetEnt has produced one of the best video slot collections on the market. It has been around for so long that its oldest titles look primitive. If its games are organized in chronological order, you can see the key stages of industry developments: more advanced graphics, new bonus features, innovative slot engines, feature buy option, and extreme volatility. The company was at the forefront of every key turn the slot industry took.
- Classic Slots. NetEnt doesn’t focus on releasing classic slots, but it has a variety of games with three or five reels, a few lines, and limited bonus features. There are new and old classic titles and you can choose from a variety of themes. One of the latest slots is Grand Spinn, which is a three-reel, one-line game that features three fixed jackpots, nudging options, and multiplier wilds. It has a true classic-slot atmosphere, but with added modern elements.
Newest NetEnt Pokie Games
On average slot fans can expect 1 or 2 new titles a month. For a company that is worth a couple of billion bucks, this production rate is pretty low, meaning that a lot of expertise and time is invested into each slot. After Evolution takeover, quality standards were further raised and production numbers decreased to ensure only premium quality games get released. There are certain types of slots that the provider rolls out a lot.
- InfiniReels engine was introduced by NetEnt itself. It is an interesting idea, providing an infinite reel set that expands after every consecutive win.
- Through its subsidiary, Red Tiger, the company got access to the famous Megaways mechanics. It has already launched a few big brand adaptations. One of the most striking decisions was to release Megaways version of the progressive slot Divine Fortune. Long-time hits such as Twin Spin, Fruit Shop, and Dazzle Me also received Megaways adaptations.
- Its collection of branded games continuously grows. NetEnt acquires the best licenses for its slots. It capitalizes on opportunities to partner with companies that own great brands, and these brands aren’t limited to the music and film industry.
This is a 5×3, 15 line, steampunk-themed slot. Produced in 2015, it isn’t the newest title, but it’s one that many gamblers will always hold near and dear to their hearts. It still looks and feels up to date. Players love this title and its reasonably high 97.04% RTP is likely one of the reasons why.
Dynamic aura, low/medium volatility, RTP 96.9%, and striking visuals… Neon Staxx is an eye-catcher that can deliver great gambling experience. The key elements of the game are free spins and stacked symbols that can appear on consecutive reels and can guarantee winnings.
The Warlords: Crystals of Power is set against the war backdrop and features striking artwork. Three leaders are engaged in a fierce battle for power. It’s a piece of art in terms of visuals and math is decent: 96.89% RTP, low/mid volatility, and a 6,666x max win. Produced in 2016, it still looks amazing and can send shivers down your spine.
Based on a widely known fairytale, this slot follows the journey of two kids through dark woods. As gamblers walk with them, they trigger a variety of bonus features such as wild re-spins, free spins, coin wins, pick and click bonuses, and more. It’s a low/mid volatility 96.71% RTP slot that NetEnt presented in 2017 as the third and last installment of its Fairytale Legends trilogy.
Payout Percentages For NetEnt Pokies
Most of the video slots by this developer have a pretty nice theoretical return between 96% and 97%. However, there are quite a few titles that are programmed to pay more and one of them, Mega Joker, offers a mouth-watering 99% RTP. This variable RTP strategy isn’t applied to the entire portfolio because it takes time to produce multiple versions and certify each of them separately.
What we can see so far is that NetEnt offers several RTP levels from around 90% up to 99.1%. Unlike other suppliers, it didn’t decrease its normal RTP. Rather, it released versions with higher than normal returns. As a result, you might have more chances of winning. For instance:
- Starburst originally paid at an RTP of 96.1%, but now pays up to 99.1%, which is 3% more;
- Twin Spin has a default return of 96.6%, but also has a version that pays 99.1%
Other Casino Games From The Provider
NetEnt is best known as a slot provider, but it also has other products as well, including blackjack.
- Blackjack. Few RNG blackjack games have versions with different table limits. It used to provide live dealer blackjack as well, but in late 2020, days after closing its acquisition deal, Evolution decided to close NetEnt’s live studio in Malta. That decision initially caused some friction with employees and trade unions, but later the issue got settled.
- Roulette. Roulette is offered in three variations: French, European, and American. Live roulette was also offered before the live studio in Malta was closed.
- Baccarat. NetEnt has one traditional baccarat title in several versions with different bet limits: low/high roller and VIP
- Poker. As of today, there are no poker titles in this company’s portfolio. The studio previously had several games of this type, such as Caribbean Stud, Holdem, Oasis Poker Pro, and Texas Holdem. However, they all were discontinued.
- Video Poker. Similar to poker, most video poker titles have been discontinued. But at the moment, gamblers can still enjoy one title—Jacks or Better Double Up. What NetEnt focuses on in this game is the unconventional look that imitates a computer game more than a traditional video poker game.
Where To Play NetEnt Pokies in NZ
Just about any licensed New Zealand casino offers NetEnt titles. You can have the best gambling sites offering NetEnt pokies risk-free or in real money mode. The software is licensed across multiple jurisdictions making games available in all key markets, and the company is continuously expanding its presence.
Oftentimes, casinos give away spins to be used in NetEnt titles. Gamblers can get them on a variety of occasions:
- To celebrate new slot releases;
- As a part of a welcome pack; and/or
- As a Level-Up Bonus awarded for loyalty.
You can play NetEnt pokies for free and cash out real wins. However, withdrawing wins is only possible after the playthrough requirement is met.
How Safe Are NetEnt Games
There’s no doubt that this is a developer you can trust. It takes all steps to make sure its games are safe to play. With so many strict authorities watching its business and making sure each of its games is certified by multiple testing labs. But there’s a threat of rogue operators offering fake NetEnt games. This problem is out of the developer’s control and gamblers need to take care for themselves making sure operators are legit.
Can I Play NetEnt Pokies On Mobile Device in NZ
Yes, you can play them on all devices, both PC and mobile. HTML5 was a perfect cross-platform solution that replaced the older approach of creating multiple versions of the same product.
Pros And Cons Of The Provider
For over two decades, this company, formerly known as Net Entertainment, has been dominating the industry. The competition is fierce today, but the studio is still able to defend its leading position, continuously improving and setting new benchmarks. NetEnt slots released recently are way more advanced than those released years ago.
It’s hard to blame the company for anything except its decision to introduce adjustable RTPs without publicly announcing this move and letting players know. But, this isn’t all that bad, as NetEnt produced higher RTP versions as well while others lowered returns.
Some studios can outperform NetEnt in the short term, but when considering the overall slot portfolio and impact on the gambling industry, this studio is way out of the competition range for many competitors. There are a lot of successful NetEnt slots with desirable innovations.