What Are Symbol Collection Pokies
Some slot features do not immediately reward New Zealand players and make them wait for something bigger. Over time as they collect a required number of symbols, they unlock bonus credits, features, or modifiers. This is a great method to engage players as they receive standard payouts and trigger other features along the way.
The feature is popular and can be found in a variety of video slots. If present in the base game, it usually helps trigger bonus rounds and during bonus games, it makes sure NZ player walks away with bigger wins. Symbol collection is often combined with cascading reels. A series of winning combinations trigger cascades that result in multiplier upgrades or symbol collection, and sometimes players from New Zealand benefit from both features at the same time.
How the Feature Is Used
Apart from triggering bonus games or awarding progressive multipliers, there are other ways developers use symbol accumulation. Below are some other popular examples.
- Symbols collection is often used in Megaways pokies during the bonus round. One of the original twists to the feature was introduced in Ted Megaways. Once Thunder Buddies Free Spins get triggered, accumulating three Ted symbols awards extra spins and more ways to win. The round begins with the random number of minimum ways to win that is upgraded up to 117,649. That means every spin is played on a maximum size reel setup.
- The feature is also used in slots to earn symbol upgrades. For instance, in Pink Elephants you can eventually turn all character symbols into the highest paying Elephants if you fill each of their corresponding meters with orbs.
- It’s also used to determine the prize in progressive jackpot pokies. Ozwin’s Jackpots is one of the examples. Once the entry into the Jackpot Free Spins is earned, kiwi players need to collect five orbs of the same color to win the corresponding jackpot. Divine Fortune is another progressive jackpot slot but uses symbol collection differently. In the jackpot round, collecting an entire row of golden coins awards Minor Jackpot, two and three rows of coins award Major and Mega Jackpots, correspondingly.
Best Collect Symbols Pokies
Out of many pokies that feature symbol collection we’ve selected a few epic games that are well recognized and extremely popular around the globe.
- Big Bad Wolf and its Megaways version present multiple opportunities for symbol collection. In the main game, two consecutive wins turn one of three piggies wild. You need six wins in a row to have all three of the piggies wild. Another symbol collection feature is used during free spins. This time you need moons that unlock extra spins and award multipliers. In the Megaways version of the slot, kiwis can buy entry into the bonus round, which costs 90x bet.
- Charging the Quantumeter is the ultimate goal in two other timeless hits, Reactoonz and its sequel. The original is simpler and more recognized by New Zealand players. It has one Quantumeter that is filled with any winning symbols to ultimately unleash the powers of Gargantoon and give a chance to grab some massive wins. In its sequel, helping to charge the Quantumeter is the Fluctometer that is filled when winning clusters of a specific alien land on the screen. When filled, the Fluctometer awards Electric Wilds. They create winning combinations and feed the main meter. Both pokies create an extremely bright and positive atmosphere.
- Money Train 2 is one of the greatest slots. It features the Money Cart bonus round that is built around the symbol collection feature. Every symbol that lands during this round awards either standard multipliers or a variety of thrilling multiplier modifiers that can significantly boost your balance. Max win is 50,000x and the slot has proven that these large payouts are possible. By paying 100x total bet, you get a shortcut to the bonus round. This slot is a sequel to Money Train, which is another highly entertaining game.