Live Casino Game Shows
This is a rather new vertical and developers have plenty of room to innovate. The history of this type of product began with the introduction of Evolution’s Dream Catcher in 2017. For some time Evolution was the only provider working on this type of live dealer product. But within a few years, other studios have jumped on the trend giving a sharp boost to the number of new releases.
Live Casino Game Shows Suppliers
The production of live dealer games, let alone game shows, is expensive. Therefore, not many developers enter the competition despite its fast-growing popularity. But even with a few studios pushing forward the product, it enjoys rapid development.
- Evolution has been the pioneer in this segment and still leads the way in the game shows development, whereas the competition follows its footsteps often copying successful ideas and making slight adaptations. Evolution is a major live dealer game supplier that dominates in all categories.
- Pragmatic keeps a close eye on the developments in this vertical and often produces titles similar to those of Evolution. Mega Wheel, for instance, is similar to Dream Catcher while Sweet Bonanza CandyLand is a Pragmatic’s take on the breathtaking Crazy Time. But the studio produces original products as well, and it is determined to be recognized as an industry leader in this casino vertical.
- Playtech is another prominent live casino supplier that has set its foot in this game show area. Its Quantum series offer massive payouts of up to x1000 in Roulette and Blackjack. The catalog is rich with unique titles such as Mega Fire Blaze, Spread Bet, and Age of Gods Roulettes. The latter is connected to a massive jackpot network with a chance to grab hundreds of thousands of Euros.
Types of Game Shows
There seem to be no limitations to what developers can create. They use cutting-edge technology to deliver an outstanding experience. Augmented and virtual realities help build incredibly immersive and vibrant game environments and introduce virtual characters who join game hosts.
Wheel of Fortune
This has been a popular category of live casino game shows. A big wheel is there to determine the outcome of each round. It’s divided into segments and players guess which one of them will be selected. Payouts vary depending on how many similar segments are there on the wheel. As usual, when chances of winning are higher, payouts are lower.
To make these types of game shows more engaging, developers throw some multipliers or bonus rounds into the mix. This is also the tool for introducing a high max win potential. For instance, Dream Catcher’s two multipliers, 2x and 7x, can land repeatedly during a single round to eventually award some solid payouts. Adventures Beyond Wonderland, Crazy World, and CandyLand are some of the titles that offer plenty of bonus features.
Classic Titles with a Twist
Game shows take all shapes and forms. Developers even turn classic casino games into fantastic shows hosted by live dealers. Award-winning Lightning Roulette by Evolution is one such example. This is the traditional roulette as you expect it to be, but with a unique twist. Up to five Lucky Numbers are randomly selected and assigned up to a 500x multiplier.
Players benefit from these multipliers when they place a Straight Up bet on the number that was selected as the Lucky. To balance out the increased max win potential, the developer lowered the Straight bet payout from 36:1 to 30:1. Other bets have standard European roulette payouts.
Pragmatic Play has introduced a similar product, called Mega Roulette. Up to 5 numbers get multipliers assigned before every spin. The max multiplier is 500x.
Continuing the Evolution’s Lightning series is Lightning Dice. Evolution created a super simple yet entertaining title. Three dice are dropped into a specially designed Lightning Tower and gamblers guess their total. But before the drop is initiated, a few random numbers are selected and given up to 1000x multipliers.
Boom City is the Pragmatic’s version of the dice game show. Its 20,000x max win would be enough for many thrill seekers to check the title out. Boom City is played on a 6×6 board with prizes listed in the sectors. Two dice are used to determine the winning sector that contains a multiplier or one of three bonus rounds.
Lottery types of live casino game shows also draw huge crowds. Mega Ball is the most impressive title in this category. It’s played just like a regular lottery in the way that numbered balls are randomly drawn and should match the numbers on players’ cards. But by introducing up to a 100x multiplier, the provider was able to create a whole new experience, boosting the max win to a mind-blowing 1,000,000x. Cash or Crash is another good title to try. It’s simple yet fun as gamblers get to decide how risky each round is going to be.
Slot Inspired Titles
Slots have long been a center of attraction for online gamblers. By mixing slot elements into live dealer products, developers significantly expand the target audience. Buffalo Blitz from Playtech is the perfect example of a slot being transformed into a thrilling show.
Gonzo’s Treasure Hunt, inspired by NetEnt’s iconic Gonzo’s Quest slot, is a fairly simple game in which players need to match symbols on a 7×10 layout. A couple of boosters are used to provide a chance of landing bigger wins. Working with a host is the main character, Gonzo. The supplier was able to introduce him using augmented reality. VR mode, which requires a headset and controller, is there for a truly immersive experience.
Live casino content creators are no strangers to inking partnership agreements with companies owning popular brands. Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and Deal or No Deal The Big Draw are two exciting titles introduced by Playtech. Evolution has its take on the Deal or No Deal.
Top Live Casino Games Shows
- Crazy Time required lots of money to develop and the result was worth the investment. The game suits a variety of gamblers. Whether you want to play it safe or you are looking for a massive win and ready to take risks, you’ll love the title because the choices players make change the volatility level. It’s a Wheel of Fortune game with four bonus rounds to spice things up.
- Monopoly Live by Evolution is another major hit. Similar to Crazy Time, it features a big wheel that determines the results of each round. Instead of four, there is just one bonus round. Once a bonus round segment is hit, that’s when the beauty of the Monopoly brand comes to life as the main character lets you into the 3D world of the popular board game.
- Cash or Crash made it to this list because of its incredibly appealing RTP of 99.59%. The game is as simple as it can get. Green balls drawn are good and red ones are bad for players. But then there’s a gold ball that shields you from the danger of the next red ball drawn. As long as greens are drawn, you get higher and higher payouts, but the winnings are lost once red is drawn. Players find themselves in a dilemma of choosing between chasing bigger wins and securing smaller payouts. The ultimate goal is a 50,000x win.
Secret to Live Game Shows Success
These games offer a high entertainment value. Everything from the studio design and special effects to how the hosts are dressed is there to deliver a great show. Compared to traditional games, they usually have much higher max win potential for added entertainment.
Everything looks flashy, fun, and inviting. No special skills are usually required and typically you don’t even have to read the rules to understand how everything works. The purpose becomes clear once a gambler takes a look at the screen.
Can Game Shows Be Trusted?
Experienced players are aware of some situations that drop a seed of doubt about game fairness. It’s impossible to deny that incidents do take place as casino equipment can fail, and human error can’t be eliminated. But they aren’t signs of foul play. Reputable content creators have their software and equipment tested and certified to meet certain market standards.
Just like in physical casinos, live game show equipment requires maintenance and can malfunction. But suppliers make things right when this happens. Usually, rounds are considered void and all wagers are canceled.
Best Casinos to Play Live Dealer Game Shows
Every decent gambling site today offers this exciting type of content. Live dealer collections have grown significantly within the past few years and there are always some game shows to explore. You can practically visit any venue and will find at least a couple of them. Use our casino rating and select operators that are best for you. There are plenty of amazing sites offering a hassle-free, fun experience.
As Evolution is at the forefront of the live dealer game shows development, operators with the studio’s software integrated can be your first choice. Check out our top Evolution casinos list. Pragmatic Play casinos are also worth checking out as this supplier strives to be among the best live game show providers.