Common Features of Playtech Slot Games
Slots are all high quality. Considering the company has been operating for over two decades, its early games don’t look great today, but at the time of their release, they were amazing. The developer chose to keep visuals rather simple and concentrate on creating engaging gameplay. Most games aren’t overloaded with bonus features and offer simple yet powerful visuals. All slots provide a great user experience and ensure smooth and enjoyable gambling.
There are some categories of slots the studio is famous for, and within each category, games share common characteristics. Some of them have the same engines while other categories are theme-based.
- Progressive Jackpots are the highlight of the Playtech portfolio for many slot fans. The studio has an enormous collection of pooled jackpots famous across multiple markets and connecting not only slots, but also roulette. Age of the Gods series is probably the most recognized of them. Formerly known as the Marvel Jackpot suite, it was rebranded in 2017 after Disney acquired Marvel and refused to renew the license agreement with Playtech. Jackpot Giant is the record-breaker within the studio catalog with the biggest win being over $12.3 million.
- Slots sharing the same engines. The supplier has introduced many slot engines such as Cash Collect, Thundershots, Fire/Mega Fire Blaze Jackpots, etc. Cash Collect, for instance, is a series of slots built around a special symbol that awards instant cash prizes and determines the number of free spins. Other engines also offer unique features to boost entertainment value.
- The collection of branded titles is another category Playtech is known for. Some of the greatest movie licenses put the studio’s portfolio in the spotlight. Gladiator, Terminator Genisys, The X-Files, The Matrix, The Mask of Zorro… there are so many great branded slots. The developer has also collaborated with the greatest sportsmen such as Ronnie O’Sullivan and Frankie Dettori.
- DC Comics licensed titles will take a special place in every comics fan’s heart. The series was designed to make up for the loss of the powerful Marvel suite. Playtech has collaborated with Warner Bros. on the production of many titles, including Wonder Woman, Superman, Justice League and Aquaman.
It’s worth mentioning one special category of Playtech slots, which is a mixture of a live dealer and slots products. Buffalo Blitz Live made history as the first live slot that offered an unparalleled experience. Unlike other live dealer games, live slots don’t require a dealer to keep the reels spinning with rare exceptions. The role of presenters is to encourage conversation between players.
RTP and Payout Percentage
Playtech has rolled out hundreds of slots and some of them have higher than average RTP. In fact, three of the most generous fruit machines are produced by this studio. They exceed the 99% RTP threshold, which is better than a 1% house edge. Considering the standard expected house edge is between 4% and 6%, this is crazy.
Goblin’s Cave tops the list with 99.32% RTP. Its closest competitors, Ocean Princess and Ugga Bugga, pay on average 99.07%. However, these return values are only possible when a max bet is placed, otherwise, the average return will be lower. All three games are very basic, have no bonus games, and offer very simplistic artwork and animations.
Most slots sit within the standard RTP range, which is between 94% and 96%. A decent share of the catalog features 96-97% RTP and around two dozen titles offer RTP that is higher than 97% but lower than 98%.
Best Playtech Slots Games 2021
Considering it’s a premium supplier with a massive portfolio, it’s no surprise some slots are extremely popular. Playtech is widely known and its top-performing titles are recognized across multiple markets. Jackpot and branded titles, in particular, enjoy high demand.
- Desert Treasure. It’s a nice old game with primitive artwork and basic bonus features. The look is outdated, but this game is over 15 years old and for its age, it still looks convincing. Desert Treasure is a journey deep into the desert in the scorching sun with the hope of becoming insanely rich. The slot features wilds, scatters, bonus symbols and a round of free spins. It used to be a popular player choice, but not anymore as today there are many more appealing games to choose from.
- Cinerama. It’s a film production-themed slot rolled out in 2013. Cinerama features a traditional 5×3 grid, 5 paylines and two bonus rounds. The greatest attraction in the game is a progressive jackpot. If you want to take a sneak peek at what’s going on behind the scene of the film production, give Cinerama a try.
- The Matrix. Unlike the above-mentioned titles, The Matrix is a feature-packed game. Based on the epic movie, it would just be wrong to make The Matrix too simplistic. An absolutely fantastic story develops on the 5×4 reel set and offers two types of wilds, Déjà Vu Shuffle feature and two types of free spins, one of which offers unlimited spins. This game will appeal not only to The Matrix fans but to all hardcore and casual players.
- Green Lantern. This slot has the superpower of keeping you on the edge of your seat. It features three bonus games that award exciting features such as stacking wilds, extra wilds, or dynamic multipliers. Pooled jackpot is a cherry on top that makes it hard to resist the power of Green Lantern. The slot has a high entertainment value and will be interesting for a wide variety of players.
- Top Gun. Contributing to the success of the portfolio is another branded slot, Top Gun. The action-packed game that is set against the backdrop of a beautiful sky offers free spins and random wilds. A peaceful and relaxing atmosphere during the base game gives way to the sense of urgency of an air battle that unfolds in front of gamblers after the Dogfight Wilds get activated. The feature awards up to 15 wilds.
- Age of the Gods. This is an epic jackpot network. A growing number of titles share a single pooled jackpot with the seed value of 100,000 EUR. The average pot size when it drops is over 660,000 USD and the largest win is a bit over 1,365,000 USD. Age of the Gods is an epic suite that consists of many titles, including Furious 4, Prince of Olympus, King of Olympus and Goddess of Wisdom.
- Man of Steel. Another DC Comics-based slot, Man of Steel, is a testament to the great power of Superman. In this slot, he fights General Zod to save the universe. As characters have zero tolerance towards each other, they clash every time they appear shoulder to shoulder on the reels. Whenever they clash, they activate free spins with 4 types of shifting wilds. Krypton is another bonus game that can award some nice wins. It features more paylines, only high-paying symbols and locked wilds. To add even more action, Playtech integrated the World Engine feature that drops extra wilds.
- Epic Ape. Fierce gorilla is the main character in the popular slot Epic Ape produced in 2017. It’s a medium variance title with a 6×4 grid and 4,096 ways to win. The main attraction of the slot is the round of free spins and up to x5 random multipliers. Free spins can be retriggered infinitely. Epic Ape is a widely recognized game that has a sequel. The second installment received multiple upgrades and one of the key differences is that it was connected to the Jackpot Blitz network. So, if you are up for massive wins and love rainforest wildlife, opt for some Epic Ape 2 action.
- Jungle Giants. Visually beautiful, the game features giant animal-themed symbols that cover entire three reels. Central to Jungle Giants is the bonus round with low-paying elements removed from the grid. For the entire duration of the bonus round, only the giant symbols appear on reels 2, 3 and 4. To make it even more lucrative, symbols on reels 1 and 5 come stacked.
Playing For Free Vs for Real Money
Any title in the Playtech portfolio is available in the test mode. The benefit of playing demo versions is that you can play instantly without registration. The experience and gameplay are similar to what you get in the real money mode, but the practice mode is risk-free. However, there’s no way to win cash in this case. So, as long as you want real withdrawable winnings, playing Playtech slots for money is the option.
World’s biggest gaming operators integrate their games. Moreover, there are over 170 operators that use the Playtech platform and automatically get a collection of the studio’s best titles. Playtech has extensive market reach but isn’t equally popular across all markets.
Best Playtech Casinos
When picking the right operator, the first thing to do is check the casino license. Every operator has to have at least one. The more reputable jurisdiction the better, but you should check the reputation of each casino regardless. The best operators offer excellent games collections, fast and hassle-free withdrawals and great customer support.
Casino Bonuses and Free Spins
It’s common for an operator to offer a variety of promos. Usually, players can expect at least a decent Welcome Bonus and possibly reload offers. There are match bonuses that award a certain amount of credits depending on the uploaded amount as well as free spins.
In addition to traditional bonuses, there can be weekly cashbacks and some kind of loyalty program. So, you need to know what bonuses you want to have to navigate multiple available options. Otherwise, you’ll be overwhelmed by the number of appealing choices.
New Playtech Online Slots 2021
The studio presents on average 2-3 new video slots every month, many of which are connected to jackpot networks. The studio continuously expands its series featuring certain game engines. For instance, Thundershots or Cash Collect series. Playtech has built a well-balanced portfolio that consists of both simple and feature-packed slots.
The company has been producing slots for years and some of their older slots aren’t available in HTML5 format. That’s why not the entire catalog is cross-platform. However, many early releases have been produced in the new format and thus can be played on any mobile or PC device along with more recent titles.
Privacy and Security
When gamblers place wagers, Playtech doesn’t collect any player data. That’s why there shouldn’t be any privacy concerns. A company like Playtech invests heavily in building multiple layers of security and minimizing the risk of security breaches.
Playtech Software Alternatives for Slots and Casino Games
This company is one of a kind since it offers multiple products across all gambling verticals. But when it comes to content creation, it faces fierce competition. Many influential game suppliers have slot portfolios as rich as Playtech’s.
NetEnt Slots. It’s safe to say that NetEnt is one of the top providers in terms of popularity and market reach. It has a fantastic collection of slots and many all-time player favorites. The portfolio is incredibly versatile as the supplier has mastered all types of games, including classic, innovative, progressive jackpot, etc.
Microgaming Slots. The first casino software supplier is still successfully operating. Microgaming is also a multi-product company mostly known as a slot developer. Currently, it transitioned from being a game developer to an aggregator that receives exclusive titles from its numerous content partners.
Pragmatic Play Slots. Slowly but surely this provider has worked its way up to the top echelon. Pragmatic focuses on the development of slots but also supplies live casino content and a few other products. Slots produced by the studio would be a good alternative to Playtech games.
Aristocrat Slots. The Aristocrat slot style is somewhat similar to the style of some of Playtech’s games. They feature simple yet bright artwork and basic features. The studio has an extensive retail background that explains its choice of style.
Pros and Cons of Playtech Slots
The slots portfolio is wonderful and consists of some exciting titles. There are a lot of progressive jackpots and branded games. Overall quality is great and even their early releases still look decent over a decade after their launch. The only criticism is that visually Playtech slots aren’t always appealing.
Playtech is a top-tier content supplier that has come a long way. It’s known for its multiple amazing branded slots and jackpot games. The studio has cemented its position in the industry by building a massive slots collection.