Top Progressive Pokies Casinos 2023
The selection of pooled jackpots offered by venues varies significantly. Operators aren’t bound to certain catalogs and have the freedom to hand-pick titles. Some gambling sites offer a better user experience for those interested in this slot category. They have a special jackpot collection, and some sites even show the current prize pool that is updated continuously, so you won’t have to launch games in cash mode just to find out how much money has been accumulated.
In terms of the number of titles, there’s no common standard. Usually, operators have a few titles connected to a network, while more jackpot-oriented casinos can offer dozens of choices. For punters, it’s best to know their preferred titles and specifically look for operators that have the content. Because each time there’s going to be a different set of titles. Overall, casinos should be licensed and reliable.
How Jackpot Slots Work
The idea is simple. Qualifying wagers contribute a small share toward the prize accumulation. There can be a min stake limit. Or there’s only the maximum stake that qualifies.
The pot is never empty as the sum resets to a seed value right after each drop. The seed value is generally anywhere between a few thousand and a couple of million Euros. In some titles, the current amount contributes to the future prizes. Other key differences are explained below.
- Majority of games don’t require punters to place any side bets to participate. Others require a separate bet to be placed.
- Guaranteed vs Regular. When guaranteed, prizes have to drop before reaching a set time or size limit. The closer to the max cap the more likely it’s to drop. The regular jackpot, which initially had no alternative, isn’t capped. Theoretically, it can grow infinitely and drop at random at any moment.
- Local vs Network. When players in New Zealand and anywhere in the world at all casinos feed the same pot, it’s called a network jackpot. But when the prize is growing within a single gaming site, it’s a local jackpot. The solution called Megapays, which is introduced by Big Time Gaming, connects different pokies produced by different developers across all casinos.
Jackpot Pokies Types
Many jackpot variations are available, but they fall into two key categories: fixed and growing. Below we’ll discuss the differences.
- If fixed, the amount remains the same at all times. Slots aren’t connected to a network. It’s basically the biggest payoff. Some jackpots depend on your wager size and others remain the same regardless of the wager size.
- Progressive pots grow over time, and they usually drop different size wins every time. One NZ player can get a little bit over the seed value, while another gambler collects much more. This uncertainty adds more excitement. The pot isn’t empty and the amount that is there right after the figure resets is called seed value. This money is required to encourage players to join the chase in the early stages so that the prize can grow.
This category is characteristic of offline gaming as each pokie machine accumulates its own jackpot. This isn’t possible online as everyone plays the same title. Unless extremely popular, this type progressive pokies don’t accumulate colossal sums.
That’s what you can find on many gambling sites, and it’s a popular solution. “Local” refers to one casino or a family of casinos. Only players in a particular venue or a series of related venues contribute toward the pot. The figures won’t blow your mind but can be quite impressive considering slot popularity and the jackpot seed value.
Progressive slots are created by a wide variety of studios. Play’n GO has them, NetEnt, Yggdrasil, Quickspin, and multiple smaller content creators. But you need to be selective because jackpot syndicates chase low liquidity jackpots and snatch the pots repeatedly, that makes it harder for regular gamblers to compete for the desired prize.
Progressive Pokies Networks
For millions of dreamers out there this is an ultimate goal – to hit a network (global) jackpot. Why is it so exciting? Because of the massive amount of cash they accumulate quite quickly. It is explained by the number of contributing players. Gamblers in New Zealand and from across the globe, who play the same title, all invest in the same jackpot.
Networks can have massive seed values. 1 million and even 2 million Euros is nothing extraordinary for the iGaming sector. Moreover, there’s typically not one, but multiple games connected. Drawing an even larger crowd. No wonder it draws so many punters.
Popular Software Providers
Certain providers are more jackpot-focused than others. They regularly roll out new titles connected to existing networks or introduce fresh progressive online pokies. Recently the popularity of growing prizes has significantly improved, and punters now can access a wide variety of content for free or for money. Check the top providers that are most prominent in this sector and whose trustworthiness was never compromised.
The developer has a reputation as an incredibly active supplier of online progressive slots. It has many content partners that produce multiple titles connected to famous Microgaming networks. The company has over two decades of experience producing jackpot titles and holds a few records. Its first pooled jackpot, Cash Splash, was rolled out back in 1998.
- Three record-breaking wins. In 2015 Mega Moolah dropped a €17.8 million jackpot to become the largest at that time. In 2018 the network broke its record by awarding a lucky winner €18.9 million. April 2021 was when it surprised the iGaming world once again by dropping the mouth-watering €19.4 win.
- In 2019 the total amount paid passed the €1 billion threshold. By mid 2021, that number increased to over €1.3 billion.
- WowPot! offers the biggest seed value. With every pot refreshing to €2 million, this number is hard to beat.
Mega Moolah is a true star in this sector. It connects many online progressive pokies and their number continuously grows. In 2020 Microgaming rolled out the WowPot! that can set a new win record as it is seeded at €2 million. Two years later the studio doubled the Mega Moolah seed value.
This is another incredible company that has built an outstanding collection of jackpots. A range of titles offer small, medium, big, and massive pots. Its most famous networks is Age of the Gods, formerly known as Marvel.
Unlike Microgaming, Playtech games haven’t dropped any historic payoffs. But the top payouts are still impressive. Jackpot Giant tops the studio’s rating with the biggest win being over $12.3 million. It isn’t uncommon to see over $1 million winnings across the Playtech portfolio.
Playtech collection provides an incredible number of progressive jackpot pokies which suit all tastes. The content builder keeps producing new progressives and even offering some innovative solutions.
In 2018 the company launched Sporting Legends timed jackpots that drop within a specified time. Daily and Weekly pots are guaranteed to drop day and week, correspondingly. The Mega pot is there to grow as long as it takes for a lucky gambler to hit it.